Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! We are both off work for a few days, we're getting ready to go back to Ackerman tomorrow for the Burdine Christmas, I've got Christmas carols on for background music, all 3 of our Christmas trees are lit up, and there's a fire in the fireplace.  A little while ago, we cut off the TV and just sat and enjoyed it for a minute.  It was only for a couple of minutes, but it was hands down the best few minutes of the season so far.
And as much as I enjoyed it, I felt there was something missing... the rest of our family.  It's strange that I don't know them.  I don't know anything about them.  We've never met.  Yet they are a part of this family and I cannot wait to share moments like that with them.
I also got an email today saying that one of our Operation Christmas Child boxes went to Honduras, and the other went to Tanzania.  I was hoping they would go to the Ukraine, but I guess there are needy children all over the world who need those boxes as bad, or worse, than the kid we're trying to bring home.  I just pray that he or she is being cared for and loved.  I pray that they are warm, well fed, and loved.

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment