Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Adoption

We had our Christmas party for Leslie's mom's family at her house in Ackerman today.  All I could think of was that hopefully by this time next year we'll have our kid home with us to celebrate Christmas with our family.
One thing we did yesterday was take some gifts to a family we "adopted" for Christmas.  My mom works at the Pinelake Care Center and found us a family that needed some help.  My brother, Brent, his wife, Karen, my parents, and Leslie and I all pitched in to buy presents for the parents and kids.  They had a 4 year old girl named abby and a 10 month old boy named Issac.  they lived in a trailer in Pisgah and were in pretty tough shape.  They were being evicted, both parents were out of a job, they couldn't afford to put gas in the car to get back to the care center to get some food for their family.  Fortunately, my dad was able to give them a little money, and I was glad that we could help out.  It was apparent that they wouldn't be getting anything if we didn't provide it for them.
As always, our kid was on my mind.  I couldn't help but think of him or her as I was holding Issac and hope that someone was taking care of them the way we were able to take care of Abby and Issac.

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment