Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paperwork!!

We had our first conference call with our case worker for the Ukraine yesterday.. Can you say OVERWHELMED?  I am not sure we will ever be finished with everything. But my sweet and loving husband reminded me that you can't eat an elephant in one day.. it takes several small meals.. I think he was trying to tell me to take it one step at a time.. So for now we will be working on our 177 page workbook and our 6 online classes that we have to take before our homestudy is completed.
I was looking in our workbook and one of the exercises in there is to draw a picture of your child. Really?? Where do we start. I saw this exercise yesterday and I have thought about it all day and still don't know what to draw. I think of my children all throughout the day wondering what they will be like. Will they be loud like me, quiet like Blake or a nice mix in between. But other than hair and eye color I have not thought of anything else. It will be an enteresting exercise forsure. Perhaps I will take a picture when we are done so you can see what we did..

4 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    I am so glad to see that you have a blog for your adoption. When Maw-Maw told me that you were adopting, I was thrilled for you guys!! I have been praying for you so much since then. I will also be hopefully purchasing a shirt from you soon. I wish we could do more for you financially, but the prayer is more powerful!! Let me know how we can pray for you! The exercise to draw a picture is interesting. Even if they were your children by birth, you can never tell what they will look like or who they will act like!! Sometimes I think Sadie acts more like Kevin's sister than he or I!!! And Paisley looks just like Kevin, but acts just like me. But I'm sure your kids will be a nice mix of the two of you. Whatever they act like and look like, God has already chosen him or her or them just for you you two!! I am so excited and I cannot wait to meet your new one or ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got stuck on the picture exercise for two weeks...when I get overwhelmed I just kinda shut down ;) I'm with you! can't wait to meet/talk at adoption fellowship this thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am digging the elephant analogy..I use a similar one on my husband about the number of children in our home: What's another pound to an elephant?!

    Take the paperwork one section or form at a time...it will get completed!! You are working toward a wonderful goal--keep that in mind for motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you all going to take orders for the coffee again? Let me know, please!

    ReplyDelete